Edwin H. Keusey, Esq.
Edwin H. Keusey, Esq. serves as Of Counsel at Anchor Legal Group, PLLC. He is a high-tech attorney with over 30 years of experience in patent, trademark, and copyright law. Edwin concentrates his practice on U.S. and foreign patent prosecution, analysis, and research. He provides unparalleled legal guidance while working extensively with science officers, engineers, and other technical personnel of corporate clients.
Edwin is frequently involved in PTO Examiner Interviews and other U.S. Patent and Trademark Office proceedings. When clients require protection outside the country, he executes foreign filings through an extensive network of associates spanning the globe. His wide range of skills includes drafting and reviewing IP-related contracts and technology transfer agreements.
Edwin also issues extensive opinions addressing patentability, licensing, and domestic and foreign patent rights infringement. His opinion work covers the fields of:
- Military Grade Optics: Optical filters, head-up displays, helmets, batteries, chargers, smart recharging protocols, and fuel cells.
- Mechanical Systems and Manufacturing Arts: Injection molding, coining, and processing of ophthalmic lenses and visors, extrusion, overmolding, and pharmaceutical outserts.
- Material Science: Ballistics, life support, chemical and biological protective gear and textiles, advanced materials, nanotechnology, and polymer molding materials.
- Electronic and Electrical Arts: Analog, digital and integrated circuits, wireless telecommunications, and electrical connectors.
- Computer and Internet Technology: Software and network engineering.
- Laser Light Management: Military applications and industrial material processing.
- U.S. and Foreign Trademark Prosecution: Trade dress, trade secrets, copyrights, unfair competition law, licensing, infringement, and related litigation.
Edwin received his B.S. at Columbia University, School of Engineering and Applied Science. He obtained his J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law. He is admitted to practice in Connecticut, New York, Virginia, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Bachelor of Science: Columbia University, School of Engineering and Applied Science (1987)
- Juris Doctor- St. John’s University School of Law (1990)
- State of Connecticut (1990)
- State of New York (1991)
- State of Virginia (2015)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (1999)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (1999)
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (1991)