George T. Dillon III
Managing Attorney – Real Estate Division
George has personally overseen and closed over 10,000 real estate transactions in the Commonwealth of Virginia. He has also participated in a number of civil actions involving issues related to land use, landlord tenant laws, and a wide variety of civil torts. His other areas of practice involve business formation, estate planning and IRS defense.
George has been named a Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star in the areas of real estate law and land use for 2015 and 2016. “Rising Stars” identifies the best attorneys who are under 40, and each year the honor is limited to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state. The accomplishments and achievements attained by George Dillon also warranted his inclusion into the Top Attorneys of North America 2016 edition of The Who’s Who Directories of Top Professionals.
George is also the Managing Attorney for Liberty Title and Escrow Company in the Commonwealth of Virginia. In this position he provides legal advice on numerous issues regarding day-to-day operations statewide. He also advises the company on the legal implications of insuring and closing real estate transactions in accordance with federal, state and underwriting rules and regulations throughout the state. He oversees the company’s title insurance underwriting operations from intake to closing, relying on his years of industry experience.
Public Service and Volunteer Experience
- Marine Rescue Team – VABEMS
- Board of Directors 2008 – 2015 (Chairman 2012 – 2015) – Greenbrier Family YMCA
- Knights of Columbus – Member of Council #10515
- Regent University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- The University of Texas at Arlington, BA, Political Science
- District of Columbia
- US District Court – Eastern District of VA
- Bankruptcy Court – Eastern District of VA
- United States Tax Court
Co-authored, True Sustainability: A New Model to Aid Non-profits in Developing Self-Sustaining Revenue Streams, Published by Guidestar.org (May, 2004)
“Legal Corner: Should agents do business without an LLC?” Hampton Roads REALTOR® Magazine · July Ed., 2018
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2015 – 2016)
- Top Attorneys of North America, The Who’s Who Directories of Top Professionals (2016)