Hampton Car Accident Lawyers
Anchor Legal Group, PLLC provides comprehensive legal services to clients in Hampton, Virginia. We handle a variety of cases for the residents of Hampton in the area known as “America’s First Region.”
Car accidents can happen anywhere at any time. Our Hampton car accident lawyers at Anchor Legal Group, PLLC can protect your rights and fight for you to get maximum recovery if you are injured due to someone else’s negligence.
What Types of Car Accident Cases Do You Handle?
Our top-rated lawyers handle many different car accident cases, including but not limited to the following:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Impaired driving accidents
- Wrong-way driving accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Speeding accidents
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
First and foremost, you must protect your safety and health after being in a car accident. Seek immediate medical attention, regardless of whether or not you have apparent injuries.
Other necessary steps to follow if you are involved in a Hampton car accident include:
- If your car is in the line of traffic, try to move it over to a safe place.
- Call 911 so the police can provide an accident report and EMTs can be called to the scene.
- Do not admit guilt to any other parties or the police.
- Take pictures of the damage to your car, the positions of the vehicles, your physical injuries, and any skid marks and road signage.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with all other drivers and eyewitnesses.
- Seek immediate medical attention, and keep all records of treatment received.
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
What Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
Every car accident case is unique. Calculating the value of a car accident claim can be complicated and depends on the following factors:
- Nature and extent of injuries
- Identity of at-fault and liable parties
- Available insurance coverage
- Expense and degree of medical treatment
- Whether there is a partial or permanent disability
- Need for ongoing medical care
- Cost for medically necessary home changes
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In cases of a tragic loss of life, we can help families file a wrongful death lawsuit to pursue compensation for loss of companionship, loss of consortium, and other emotional and financial losses.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Claim?
The statute of limitations in Virginia states that you have two years from the date of the car accident and injury to file a claim. In wrongful death lawsuits, the two-year period starts on the date of the death, often after the crash date. It is advisable to consult with a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident to ensure all valid claims are filed promptly.
How Long Does the Claims Process Take?
The sooner you retain an experienced Hampton car accident lawyer, the sooner you can start the claims process. Our legal team can gather all discovery, medical records, expert reports, and other essential information to help win the best possible outcome.
Most car accident claims settle within a few months, while others go to trial for a higher jury verdict. The trial process typically takes up to a year or more.
Do I Need a Lawyer for My Car Accident Case?
Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer is critical if you have been injured in a crash. Those who retain legal counsel are more likely to recover a higher financial award.
The following are several reasons you should hire a car accident lawyer:
- Car accident cases can go on for many months or even years before compensation is recovered for those without legal representation.
- Our lawyers will investigate the accident scene, interview eyewitnesses, review all accident reports and medical records, gather all evidence, work with medical experts, and prepare the testimony needed to win a car accident case.
- A lawyer can handle all phone calls and written correspondences with parties, including insurance companies, opposing legal counsel, and other representatives in your car accident case.
- When multiple parties are involved in a crash, a lawyer can identify at-fault parties, review insurance claims and availability, make discovery requests, and file claims on time.
- A lawyer can calculate the compensatory damages for your car accident injuries, including your current and ongoing medical expenses, physical therapy, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
What Types of Compensation Can I Get for My Car Accident Injury?
An experienced car accident lawyer can help you fight to get the maximum compensation you need. The following are types of compensation you may be eligible for after a car accident:
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing home care
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Mental health treatment
- Property damage repair
Experiencing a car crash can be overwhelming and life-changing. Our Hampton car accident lawyers can take over the details of the legal process so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Our Hampton Car Accident Lawyers at Anchor Legal Group, PLLC Can Help You Get Justice
Our Hampton car accident lawyers at Anchor Legal Group, PLLC handle all types of accident cases. Call us at 757-LAW-0000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation today. Located in Virginia Beach, we serve clients in Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Newport News, Hampton, and Eastern Shore, Virginia.