Newport News Car Accident Lawyers
Anchor Legal Group, PLLC provides top-quality services to clients in Newport News, Virginia in various legal matters. Our firm embodies Honor, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, Integrity, and Service. Our Newport News car accident lawyers are here to help you get the best possible outcome in your case.
A personal injury occurs when you suffer harm to your mind or body due to someone else’s negligent acts or omissions. Car accidents can happen anywhere, including in Newport News.
What Types of Car Accident Cases Do You Handle in Newport News?
We have top-rated lawyers who can fight to recover compensation on your behalf. Some types of car accident cases we handle include:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Impaired driving accidents
- Wrong-way driving accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Speeding accidents
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
The first moments after a car accident can be overwhelming. The following are a few essential tips you should follow if you are involved in a car accident in Newport:
- If your vehicle is in the line of traffic, move it to a safe place if possible.
- Do not admit guilt.
- Call 911 so you can have them write up an accident report.
- Document the scene. Take pictures of the vehicle damage, where the vehicles landed, your injuries, and any skid marks on the road.
- Exchange vital information with all parties, including eyewitnesses.
- Immediately get medical attention, and keep all records.
- Contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
What Is the Value of My Car Accident Claim?
Every car accident claim is different. Calculating the value of a car accident claim depends on several factors, including:
- Identity of at-fault and liable parties
- Availability of insurance coverage
- Nature and extent of injuries
- Cost and degree of medical treatment received
- Whether there is a partial or permanent disability
- Cost of ongoing medical care
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Our Newport News car accident lawyers can evaluate the circumstances of your case. You may be eligible for compensation for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and punitive damages. In cases of a tragic loss of life, we help families seek compensation for loss of companionship, loss of consortium, and other emotional and financial losses.
Is There a Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims?
There is a legal time period in which injured parties are allowed to make a claim or file a lawsuit after suffering a car accident injury. The statute of limitations is two years from the date the accident and injury occurred.
In a wrongful death lawsuit, the two-year period begins on the date of the death, which may be later than the date of the car accident. It is best to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible so they can start the legal process.
How Long Does the Claims Process Take?
The sooner you have a knowledgeable car accident lawyer on your side, the sooner you can obtain justice. Our Newport car accident lawyers can gather all evidence, medical records, expert reports, and lost wage information to strengthen your case.
It is essential to remember that every car accident case is different. Many claims settle within a few months, while others we take to trial for a higher jury verdict. The trial process can take up to a year or more.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me With My Car Accident Case?
If you have been harmed in a car accident, hiring an experienced lawyer is crucial. Car accident victims who retain professional legal guidance are likelier to win a higher financial award.
There are many reasons to hire an experienced car accident lawyer, such as the following:
- Without legal counsel, car accident cases are often dragged on for months or even years before compensatory damages are recovered.
- A lawyer can investigate the accident site, interview eyewitnesses, review all police and medical records, and work with medical experts. We know the evidence and testimony needed to win a car accident case.
- A lawyer can handle all phone calls and written correspondences with insurance companies, opposing counsel, and other representatives in your car accident case.
- When multiple insurance policy claims are involved after a crash, it is essential to retain a car accident lawyer knowledgeable of the legal procedure. A lawyer can take care of all discovery requests, identify liable parties, and file claims within the statutes of limitations.
- A car accident lawyer has the skills to help calculate your compensation for your injuries, factoring in current and future medical expenses, physical therapy, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma.
What Types of Compensation Can I Get After a Car Accident?
Getting assistance from an experienced lawyer as soon as possible after a car accident is crucial. You may be eligible for compensation to cover the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Ongoing care at home
- Therapy costs
- Property repair
Our Newport car accident lawyers can take over the details of the legal process so you can focus on healing.
Our Newport News Car Accident Lawyers at Anchor Legal Group, PLLC Can Help You With Your Case
Our Newport News car accident lawyers at Anchor Legal Group, PLLC handle all types of accident cases. Call us at 757-LAW-0000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation today. Located in Virginia Beach, we serve clients in Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Newport News, Hampton, and Eastern Shore, Virginia.