Williamsburg Car Accident Lawyers
Williamsburg is located on the Virginia Peninsula in the northern part of the Hampton Roads metropolitan area. Many car accidents happen in this busy area, leaving injured victims and their families in need of legal guidance.
Our team at Anchor Legal Group, PLLC provides top-rated comprehensive services to clients in Williamsburg and the surrounding areas. The foundation of our practice is based on Honor, Excellence, Accountability, and Respect.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), driver error is the leading cause of car accidents. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving/road rage
- Defective vehicles
What Are Common Types of Car Accidents?
Although there are many types of car accidents, some are more common than others, including:
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact or T-bone collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Rideshare accidents
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Williamsburg?
The moments immediately following an accident can be scary and overwhelming. It is natural for injured victims to not know what to do next. There are a few helpful steps you should take if you are involved in a car accident in Williamsburg:
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you are unsure if you have injuries.
- If your car is in a place that could cause additional hazards, move it to a safe spot if possible.
- Do not admit guilt or apologize to anyone, including other drivers and the police.
- Call 911 to ensure the police and emergency personnel arrive.
- Do your best to take pictures of any vehicle damage, the placement of the vehicles, any skid marks and road signage, weather conditions, and your physical injuries.
- Exchange vital information with all drivers involved in the accident, including any eyewitnesses.
- Keep copies of police reports and records of your medical treatment.
- Contact an experienced Williamsburg car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
What Is the Value of My Car Accident Claim in Virginia?
Calculating the exact value of a car accident claim can be difficult because every case is different. A knowledgeable attorney can help you with this process.
The value of your car accident claim depends on several factors, including:
- Age and health at the time of the accident
- Amount of available insurance coverage
- Degree and severity of injuries
- Extent of medical treatment received
- Ongoing medical care costs
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Our skilled car accident lawyers can evaluate the circumstances of your case. In addition to medical bills and lost wages, you may be eligible for compensation for pain and suffering, loss of life’s enjoyment, and punitive damages. In cases of a tragic loss of life, we help loved ones seek compensation for loss of companionship, loss of consortium, and other emotional and financial losses.
Is There a Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Claims?
In Virginia, the statute of limitations is two years from when the accident and injury occurred. In cases of wrongful, the two-year period begins on the date of the death, which may be later than the date of the car crash.
How Long Does the Claims Process Take?
The sooner you contact a Williamsburg car accident lawyer, the sooner we can start the claims process. Our dedicated car accident lawyers can gather all necessary evidence, review police reports and medical records, work with medical and industry experts, and calculate lost wage information. We take care of all the details of your case so you can focus on recovery from your injury.
Every car accident case is unique. Some claims settle within a few months, while others take longer if we go to trial for a higher jury verdict. The trial process typically takes up to a year or more. However, it is worth the time if it means a more significant financial award.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me With My Car Accident Case?
If you have been hurt in a car crash, hiring an experienced lawyer is crucial. Those who retain professional legal guidance are likelier to obtain a higher financial award.
There are many reasons to hire an experienced car accident lawyer, including:
- Without legal representation, car accident cases often go on for months or even years before compensation is recovered.
- Your car accident lawyer will thoroughly investigate the accident site, interview eyewitnesses, review all police and medical records, and work with medical experts.
- A lawyer can handle all phone calls and written correspondences with insurance companies, opposing attorneys, and other representatives in your car accident case.
- Often, multiple insurance policy claims are involved after a car accident, which makes it essential to retain a skilled attorney who fully understands the legal process. Your lawyer will handle all discovery requests, identify at-fault and liable parties, and file claims according to all deadlines.
- Your car accident lawyer can help calculate the damages for your physical and emotional injuries, factoring in current and future medical expenses, physical therapy, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma.
What Damages Can I Receive After a Car Crash?
Our experienced car accident lawyer can fight for the maximum compensation possible. We have the skills and knowledge to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Compensatory damages you may be eligible for include:
- Medical bills
- Cost of ongoing care
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical therapy costs
- Mental health treatment expenses
- Property damage repair
Our Williamsburg Car Accident Lawyers at Anchor Legal Group, PLLC Can Vigorously Fight on Your Behalf
Our Williamsburg car accident lawyers at Anchor Legal Group, PLLC can help you today. Call us at 757-LAW-0000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Virginia Beach, we serve clients in Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, and Eastern Shore, Virginia.